Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Cinnamon-Glazed Banana Bread Donuts

Hello my lovelies!

So Friday 2nd June was declared as National Donut Day!

On that day I made Cinnamon-glazed Banana bread donuts and I posted a picture to Instagram and asked whether you guys wanted to me to post the recipe.

A few you all did, so this is for you guys! 💓

*These donuts are baked and I used a donut pan that I bought. I will leave a link on how to make your own donut pan/ molds after the recipe :)

You will need-

For the donut:
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed essence
- 1/4 sugar (I used brown)
- 1/4 milk + 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt

For the glaze:
- 3/4 cup icing sugar/ powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine mashed banana, egg, sugar, mixed essence and vegetable oil in a bowl. Whisk until sugar is completely dissolved.

Sift flour, cinnamon and baking soda in a separate bowl and add in half to wet mixture. Stir to combine.

Add in 1/4 milk mixture and then the rest of your dry ingredients. Stir until all the flour is incorporated.

Grease donut pan (this recipe makes 9). Place donut mixture into large ziplock bag, snip off one edge and pipe into greased pan.

Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Let cool completely.

Mix all glaze ingredients, adding more milk if necessary. You do not want it to be too watery.

Glaze donuts and place on a wire rack to set. You can a glaze a second time if you've got a real sweet tooth. 😊


Here are a few links to DIY pans as promised-
http://tiphero.com/diy-doughnut-pan-and-recipe/
https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-convert-a-muffin-pan-into-a-doughnut-pan/

Happy Baking!
xx

2 comments:

  1. I've been craving banana donuts for so long. I've tried baking but they never come out good. Will try this recipe to see if I can get it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These donuts are a bit cakey since they using baking soda instead of yeast. Try the DIY donut molds if you don't have a pan!

      Delete

Latest post

Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce