Thursday, July 20, 2017

Crème Brûlée for One (No Bake)


Crème Brûlée is one of my all-time favorite desserts!! I absolutely love and almost always order it when I eat at restaurants that offer it.

A while back I purchased a blowtorch and had great fun making Crème Brûlée for my dessert business.

But the recipe I used usually made about ten 9 oz. cups of the Crème mixture and there were days that I just felt like eating one.

So I played around with a few techniques and managed to scale the recipe down to make enough for one and also develop a recipe that required no baking!

Disclaimer: A traditional Crème Brûlée requires the Crème to be baked in a water bath and then to be set for a few hours, preferably overnight. This recipe was developed to have the same taste of a Crème Brûlée and satisfy cravings without having to bake in the traditional method. 


 For the recipe, you will need:

- 3oz. of Whipped Cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

In a measuring cup, combine whipped cream, egg yolk, sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until completely combined.

Pour into a non-stick pan on low heat and whisk until mixture thickens.

Remove from heat once the mixture has thickened and whisk in vanilla extract.

Place into 4oz. container and chill in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Dust with granulated sugar and torch/ place under broiler until golden!

BONUS!!
Here is a video of me torching my Crème Brûlée! 




Stay tuned for my next post which contains an entire video demonstration of how I make this recipe as well as a bonus tip on how to achieve the crust without a torch or broiler!!

Happy Bruléeing!
xx

*Make sure to click the little "Notify Me" box whenever you do comment so you can see my replies!

7 comments:

  1. You make this seem so simple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! Try watching the video in the post after this to see the steps :D

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love your page! You inspire me to try making new desserts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Sarah, that seriously means a lot!! xx

      Delete

Latest post

Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce