Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Leftover Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding

Back in the day when I was very much a budding foodie, I was given the opportunity to work along with Kiss Baking Co. to produce recipes under their Kiss 'Sandwichology' Campaign.

My job description was basically to produce around 20 recipes using their line of breads and then eventually reproduce and style the meal to be photographed for the campaign.

It was an experience that I would never forget and will forever be grateful for!

I was recently perusing through my old documents when I found this Bread Pudding recipe I created for them. It perfectly fits in with the theme of my blog so I decided to share it with you guys! 💙




*For this recipe I used Kiss Cinnamon Raisin Bread but you can use any leftover bread of your choice.

For this recipe, you will need:

- 8 slices of KISS Cinnamon raisin bread
- ¼ cup of raisins
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups of almond milk or regular milk
- ¼ cup of honey or brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350F. Cube the 6 slices of cinnamon bread and combine with raisins, chopped apple, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg into a large bowl. 

Into a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, butter, sugar or honey and vanilla until smooth and creamy. 

Pour custard mixture over bread mixture and fold gently to combine. Let stand for 5-10 minutes.

Grease an 8-inch glass disk or baking pan, pour in pudding mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes or until set.

Serve warm with low fat ice cream or frozen or greek style yogurt. 


Happy Baking!
xx

4 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of raisins but i will definitely try it for other family members.
    I guess I can subsitute raisins for another fruit?
    what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel, you can totally sub the raisins for Apples, Blueberries, Blackberries, Bananas, Pears, or Cherries! That will be a great substitute xx

      Delete
  2. Any suggestions on what I can sub in for the raisins? This looks good but I really can't stand them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Josh, you can totally sub the raisins for Apples, any berries, Bananas, Pears, or Cherries! If you are feeling for something more decadent, add Chocolate chips xx

      Delete

Latest post

Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce