Sunday, July 30, 2017

Quick and Easy Honey Garlic Chicken


After posting this picture on my Instagram, I got a lot of requests asking for the recipe.

This recipe was born out of a simple request from my cousin for a dinner that consisted of something with onion and garlic.

Now, my mind immediately thought of making Onion Rings but what could be the protein? Ravaging through my freezer, I found a pack of Chicken Breast Chunks.

I knew it would be best to make something battered and fried so as to use any leftover oil or flour from the Onion Rings. But my cousin said garlic right? So after some quick YouTubing, I found my inspiration from a Tasty video on Honey Garlic Chicken Wings.


I promptly set to work! 😃


The recipe is as follows: 

For chicken:
- 1 pack Chicken Breast Chunks 
- 1 cup flour
- 1½  tsp salt 
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder 
- 3 tbsp green seasoning
- vegetable oil for frying

For sauce: 
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce (to taste, add more if desired)
- 3 cloves grated garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp brown sugar 
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water (as needed) 
- sesame seeds for garnish

Method: 

Clean and wash Chicken breast as desired. Season with green seasoning and half of the amount of spices listed in the ingredients. Let sit for about 15 minutes.

Add the rest of the spices to the flour mixture and whisk together to evenly distribute. Heat oil on medium flame.

Toss all the chicken pieces into the oil and fry for about  7-10 minutes depending on the size of your chunks. Fry in batches if needed.


As chicken is frying, melt the butter on low heat in a saucepan and lightly saute garlic, ginger and pepper flakes until fragrant. Add the honey, brown sugar and soy. Stir til all the sugar is melted and add about a 1/4 of the water. 

Reduce the sauce a bit and immediately add the chicken chunks straight from the fryer into the sauce as it's finished. (Do not drain!) 

Toss chicken with the sauce. The flour batter will thicken up the sauce so add more water and soy sauce/ honey if necessary. 

Once the sauce coats all the pieces, turn off heat and sprinkle sesame seeds or even chives as garnish. 

Plate and Enjoy!! 


Honey Garlic Chicken and Onion Rings

Happy Eating!!
xx

*Make sure to click the little "Notify Me" box whenever you do comment so you can see my replies!

4 comments:

  1. It tasted sooooooo good i would totally recommend everyone to try it! So simple, so easy, yet tasted like something food from a restaurant! Ahhhh ��������

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun for suggesting this recipe! I was really happy with the way it turned out too!!

      Delete
  2. ohhh myyyy gooodnesss. I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE. It's 12:20am... and I'm hungry because of this post!!!! AAAAAH HELP ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! It's such a simple recipe. I bet if you had pre-breaded chicken tenders or nuggets, you can quickly whip up this sauce and toss it <3

      Delete

Latest post

Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce