Sunday, July 9, 2017

Roast Chicken under $50

Recently while scrolling through Instagram, I stumbled upon this post with a Roast Chicken recipe from my friend who is a Chef. Hey Kristopher! 😊

I was in love with how simple but scrumptious the chicken looked and immediately ask my friend whether I could feature it on my blog and to my enjoyment, he agreed!

The recipe requires 4 ingredients excluding salt and black pepper. You can use whatever size of chicken you want, just adjust the salt and pepper content to suit.

For the purposes of this blog, I tried to keep the entire cost under $50.

*Note- The chicken does require some time to marinate so prepare accordingly.

Without further ado, here is the lovely and easy Roast Chicken recipe from Chef Kristopher Sadal. You can find him on Instagram @ chef_kristopher_sadal or click the link directly to his Instagram.

You will need:

- 1 Whole Chicken, cleaned and washed (TT$31)
- 1 packet Chili Powder
- 1 packet dried Thyme
- 1 packet Lemon Pepper
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp butter (optional)


Method:

I first started by combining the seasoning and spices I bought in a bowl, reserving 2 & 1/2 tablespoons for the chicken and bottling the rest.



I bottled and labelled the rest of the seasoning

After cleaning my chicken, I dried it with a paper towel and generous rubbed and massaged the reserved spices into the meat, making sure to season the cavity as well.



I then placed it on a plate, covered with plastic wrap and marinated in the fridge for 3 hours or preferably overnight.

After 3 hours, I preheated my oven to 350 degrees, cut up 2 tbsp butter into tiny pieces and placed them all over the chicken (especially under the skin of the breast).



Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, then uncover and cook for a further 30 minutes.
*Time will increase depending on the size of chicken



After roasting, rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.



Hope you guys like this easy and affordable way of cooking chicken and you give it a try.

Let me know what are your favorite seasonings to add to your chicken. 

Happy Roasting!
xx

*Make sure to click the little "Notify Me" box whenever you do comment so you can see my replies!

7 comments:

  1. Please do! I really loved how simple it was :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuuuummmm! I love the way the spices look in that bowl! I'd like to try this with boneless chicken... that marinade mixture seems so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine the possibilities with leftovers! Tacos, chicken salad, sandwiches or even just as is. Definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything you put your hand to turns out amazing! So looking forward to your creations xx

      Delete
  4. Whoaaaa love this one !! A must try !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have the spice rub that I used on almost everything! It's sooo good

      Delete

Latest post

Small Batch Salted Caramel Sauce